Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Big Girl Job :)

So today began the first day of my big girl job - interning for the private events director of City Club- and I was SO excited. And let me tell you - it was full force for the first day. Before I knew it, it was well past noon. I found out last week that it was approved & whatnot and seized the opportunity. It's going to be a busy semester with that, my job at River Ranch Development, and a full semester, but I'm ready for it! I'll basically be helping with and learning how a well-sized venue that covers a variety of different events is run, from the event and business side. I now have my own office which is super cute and tucked away in a corner of City Club..I already love it! I really see this job not only as an answer to prayer, but also as a provision from God. I found out that it was being considered for approval right about the time I was starting to see that the Ft. Worth Move wouldn't be happening. Although I still I wanted so badly to just pack up and go anyway, I knew God wanted us here. Not two-three weeks after we made the definite decision to stay here, I found out I got it! It's going to make for a great resume filler, awesome experience, and I know it has to do with some part of the plan God has for my life!


The ONLY downside that I know I'll get over(eventually): Classes start tomorrow and although I'm excited, I have all 8 o'clocks. We'll have to see how well I hold up to early mornings and full days when I'm use to waking up at 8. I know, I know - sickening isn't it? ;)

2 comments:

  1. So i think your big-girl job sounds pretty great, and I'm completely jealous! I also think you need to post a photo of your super-cute office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Beth! I know...I thought about posting pics, but I wasn't sure if that was a little too much excitement ;) Since you think so though, I'll do it! I have to get a few more things then I'll post some!

    ReplyDelete