Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life is Unpredictable

So I've finally done it...I've created a blog, of course after all of my friends have one. I have to say I love to read other people's blogs, and I definitely feel the pressure to make mine something great. The thing I am most excited about though is sharing what's going on in my life as I take on a new year. I have this quiet excitement (if there is such a thing) about 2011- this underlying feeling that it's going to be something great and purposeful. I'm learning more than ever that the plans you make aren't always the ones God has for you, and that's the way it's supposed to be. I had this great plan that once Shane & I got married, we would move to Ft. Worth so I could finish my entrepreneurship degree at TCU. I received my acceptance letter, but other things started to pop up that were keeping us in Lafayette.  We both have jobs that we love, are great experiences in our related fields, and to top it all off, we both got raises. So, after much prayer, the plan went from moving to Ft. Worth, finishing my degree, working and living there to us staying to Lafayette, me finishing my degree here, and thinking about moving in the next couple of years instead of months. And can I just add that when I started college, I was adamant about finishing college anywhere but here in Lafayette and that I would get married after college...funny how things work out isn't it? At first, it was difficult for me to accept, but now I'm at total peace about everything. I know God has a plan for my life, and He knows what I both need and want. So with that peace comes the feeling that 2011 will not only be a great year, but a year where I see just why God has us where we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment