Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Making Our Mark

      We just got back from Spring Break XI and let me tell you - it was much needed. I decided to head back to Baylor to visit some of my best girlfriends and see campus again. It was so much fun and a total girls weekend - again, much needed. : ) Throughout the weekend, we were catching up on what everyone has been up to/doing, and two things occurred to me.
1) We are freaking juniors in college. It literally feels like we started our freshmen year six months ago, and most of us or graduating in May or December 2012. This simple fact = pure insanity. It's also kinda scary because then we have to begin our existence in the real world now. But that thought led me to occurrence numero dos.
2) We have already begun to make our mark in the real world. We have all worked so hard in our college years, have questioned if what we're majoring in is what we really want to do with only 2-3 full semesters left, and have already started to build our post-college lives. I was amazed at what some of my friends are doing now, knowing we were clueless freshmen not too long ago & having no idea where we would end up.
     One of my friends is a exercise science major. Not only is she in some kick-butt classes (haha that pun was seriously not intended), but she's now leading a yoga class by herself. And just a side note - she will be my trainer once she graduates and moves to Louisiana. : )
    Another one of my brave friends is preparing to take the LSAT, which to me is huge. It takes serious dedication - I'm talking 4 hour night classes twice a week - and I am so proud of her for going for it.  I can totally see her defending the helpless, and this is just a tiny step towards that.
    Most of my nursing major friends are finding their niche specialties. My best friend from high school was born to be a mom - through and through. So when she got to assist OB/GYNs this semester, I could pretty much tell she found her calling simply by her excited tweets.
    I have friends starting businesses, getting married (and I mean legit I-want-to-spend-the-rest-of-my-life-with you marriages), and following these new found passions. I never thought in a million years that I would be training to run/manage an event and all the workings and numbers that go into that. I also never thought I would randomly learn how a development company runs on a daily basis, but that's all part of it. We're being molded into actual adults (in some ways :), and it is so cool to see that we are already beginning to make our mark.

Disclaimer: I SO wish I could have included every single one of my friends, but I thought if it was too long, some might not read, and I can't have that. : )  So please know, you are all loved and I am amazed by each of you!


1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute post! :D
    I will definitely come be your trainer one day!
    Especially after you have kids... pahaha, okay just kidding.
    I know that won't be for awhile ;]].
    Anyway, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, thank you for always being such a wonderful amazing person and best friend to me! <3.

    ReplyDelete